VLC Media Player is not just a great tool for playing videos; it can do a whole lot of other things like convert videos between different formats. You can convert between a wide range of supported video files using the player. In this article, we will use VLC to play MXF and convert MXF videos.Wanna use VLC to convert and play MXF videos? Follow this atricle to learn how to.
How to Convert MXF using VLC?
1. From VLC menu bar click on Media > Convert/ Save [Shortcut: CTRL + R]
2. From the menu bar, click Media > Convert / Save…
3. Click the Add button on the right and find the video you’d like to convert.
4. Press the Open button at the bottom.
5. From the Convert / Save dropdown at the bottom, select convert.
6. Select the format from the Profile dropdown menu.
7. Click the Browse button and select the folder you’d like to add the converted video to.
8. Name the file and press Save.
9. Click Start.
VLC works great for most formats and codecs but there are a few issues and the conversion feature is not the best. If you wanna convert MXF to other videos or codec for editing like to Apple ProRes, AIC MOV, DNxHD, MPEG-2 .etc. You’d better get another powerful converter. What I used is MXF Converter for Mac which is considered as one of the best MXF Converter on the market.
It works as a professional MXF utility for Mac and Windows users that can transcode MXF files to AVI/WMV/MPEG-2/MOV for play MXF files on QuickTime, iTunes, iPad, Galaxy S4… or import MXF files to iMovie/FCP/FCE/Avid/Premiere Pro/Sony Vegas/Pinnacle Studio/Windows Movie Maker for editing smoothly with the edit-friendly format like Apple ProRes, AIC, DNxHD, MPEG-2, etc. If you are a PC user, MXF Converter windows version is your first choice. Now, download the software and follow the guide to start conversion.
1). Run the best MXF converter. Click “Add file” button, browse and load .MXF files to the converter.
2). If you need convert MXF to MP4, AVI, MOV, WMV, MPEG… just click format bar and choose the format you need.
To edit MXF clips on Mac, you can convert MXF to Apple ProRes for FCP and MXF to AIC MOV for editing in iMovie/FCE.
3). Click “Convert” button to start converting Panasonic/Canon/Sony MXF to a proper format as you need.